Men and women who serve in the military and experience combat can develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) due to combat or other traumatic experiences. Veterans who turn to drugs and alcohol to cope will develop a co-occurring condition where one mental health disorder (PTSD) is fueling another (addiction). Fortunately, addiction treatment for veterans can support their recovery in a discreet environment free from outside distractions and temptations.
BRC Healthcare is an accredited addiction treatment facility with programs that support veterans who are struggling with addiction caused by PTSD, borderline personality disorder, and other serious mental health disorders. Our treatment programs utilize the latest in behavioral therapy and medical support that is proven to be very effective in treating addiction and its underlying causes. If you are searching for an Austin, TX, addiction treatment center that offers veteran addiction support, call 888.559.2036 today to speak with one of our knowledgeable team members.
Finding Addiction Treatment for Veterans
Serving in the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard is an honorable service to the country and people. Those who develop PTSD due to their time in the military are more likely to experience intense and overwhelming emotions as they struggle to adjust to civilian life. If they are unable to control their behaviors, the risk of overdosing on drugs or alcohol increases significantly.
Addiction treatment for veterans focuses on the traumatic experiences during their time in the military as well as treating the physical aspects of the addiction. Treatment programs utilize a number of beneficial therapies that can include:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
Using these techniques, veterans learn how to process their experiences without causing any negative feelings or cravings for more drugs or alcohol. It breaks the association between their thoughts and the negative behaviors that they create.
If a friend or loved one needs to find comprehensive addiction treatment for veterans in Austin, TX, BRC Healthcare is your top choice. Our innovative programs are tailored to the individual and the complexities behind substance abuse and combine medical support with behavioral and holistic therapies.
The Benefits of Our Veterans Rehab Center in Austin, TX
Men and women who served in the military and have developed an addiction will find compassionate support from dedicated personnel who are there to help them with their recovery. Their compassion and dedication will go a long way toward supporting their efforts while encouraging them to continue therapy for as long as necessary.
Just some of the benefits of enrolling in a veterans rehab center in Austin, TX, include:
- A discreet environment where veterans can work on their recovery far away from outside distractions and stressful situations.
- Medical support to reduce depressive or anxiety symptoms, as well as ease addiction withdrawals and cravings.
- In private therapy, therapists use various behavioral and holistic therapy programs to treat the mental aspect of the addiction and the underlying disorder that is fueling it.
- During group therapy, veterans will have a chance to practice and fine-tune coping and communication skills. They will also participate in group discussions, role-playing games, and other activities that promote a healthy and sober lifestyle.
- Develop close relationships with your peers that can turn into life-long friendships that will encourage their continued sobriety and good mental health.
- Repair relationships with loved ones and family members who were impacted by the addiction.
Finding addiction treatment for veterans is essential for those whose PTSD and addiction are causing major problems at work, school, and home. The skills they learn will go a long way toward improving their mental health and teaching them new ways to say no to drugs and alcohol.
Enroll in an Austin, TX, Addiction Treatment Center at BRC Healthcare
At BRC Healthcare, our innovative treatment facility offers addiction treatment for Veterans in Austin, TX, and surrounding areas. We take the time to build trust and open communication with each client so they feel comfortable opening up about their combat experience and any traumas that are directly related. They learn to be okay with their feelings and develop new coping skills for managing their symptoms and avoiding triggering situations or people.