Benzodiazepines, or benzos for short, are a type of depressant that is used to treat anxiety, seizures, and muscle spasms and comes with a high rate of abuse. While there is no cure for addiction, those who abuse their prescription medications can find support through a benzo addiction treatment program. During the program, clients will participate in a number of therapies that address all aspects of the addiction. A benzo rehab program provides a much safer recovery experience when compared to trying to detox without professional support through an accredited addiction treatment center.
At BRC Healthcare, we are a full-service treatment facility that helps people from all backgrounds who are struggling with an addiction to benzodiazepines, opioids, or other addictive prescription medications. When our residents first arrive at our inclusive facility, an experienced therapist will run a full assessment to place them in the appropriate program. Throughout their recovery, we will monitor their progress and make adjustments to ensure they are making forward progress. For more information about our substance abuse treatment in Austin, TX, call 888.559.2036 today to schedule a tour and meet our passionate team.
Why Do You Need a Benzo Rehab Program?
Benzodiazepines are very effective in treating a number of conditions when following the prescription and not taking them with other drugs and alcohol. Unfortunately, many people abuse benzos for its euphoric effects without any thought to the harm they are causing to themselves.
The chemicals in benzos work by attaching themselves to cell receptors and signal a massive release of dopamine. Your body can never produce this same effect on its own, and when you take more than necessary, it begins to depend on a steady supply just to function normally. As the chemicals begin to dissipate, you will begin to experience intense withdrawal symptoms and cravings that make it nearly impossible to stop without professional help.
A benzo addiction treatment program uses medication to ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings while behavioral therapists work to uncover the reasons behind the abuse. This combination of psychological and physical therapies allows clients to recover successfully and gain valuable coping and life skills.
At BRC Healthcare, our benzo addiction treatment in Austin, TX, gives men and women a real chance at breaking their addiction and turning their lives around for the better. We use the latest treatment modalities that include behavioral and holistic therapy and medical support to produce a whole-person recovery experience.
What to Expect from a Benzo Addiction Treatment Program
Here are just a few of the therapies and treatments you can expect after enrolling in a benzodiazepines addiction treatment program:
- Behavioral therapy – There are several types of behavioral therapy programs that are very beneficial in treating addiction and other mental health disorders. They help clients understand the connection between their behaviors and the memories or negative self-talk that are fueling the abuse. The most popular types of behavioral therapy include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Neurofeedback therapy
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Medication-assisted treatment – To ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings, medication is given as part of a comprehensive benzodiazepine addiction treatment program. Medical staff administer specific dosages of medications and monitor clients for any adverse reactions. As symptoms diminish, they will begin tapering off the medication until they no longer need it.
- Group therapy – Treatment programs use a combination of private and group therapy sessions. Group therapy is essential for showing clients how others are coping with their addiction and that they are not alone in their struggles. During group therapy, they will participate in group discussions, practice coping and communication skills, and participate in other activities that promote a healthy mind and body.
- Family therapy – Another important step in the recovery process is restoring fractured relationships with family and close friends. Everyone will have a chance to work with a therapist to get rid of any lingering issues of resentment caused by the addiction so they can all begin healing. They will also learn how they can support the recovery effort by creating a stable and sober living environment.
Enrolling in a benzo addiction treatment program is a much safer alternative than trying to stop abusing benzos alone. Those who attempt to detox without medical support are more likely to relapse and potentially overdose when symptoms peak.
BRC Healthcare Is Your Top Choice for Substance Abuse Treatment in Austin, TX
At BRC Healthcare, our inclusive treatment facility welcomes all Texas residents who need help breaking their addiction to benzos and other dangerous substances. Our team has experience working with all types of addiction and the complexities behind the abuse. They work with clients in group and private therapy sessions to give them the skills and confidence they need to reach their recovery goals.