A depression treatment program provides people with a safe space where they can talk with a therapist about the reasons behind their depression. Talking with a professional therapist can ease depression symptoms as well as stop any cravings for substances they use to cope with their feelings. Drug and alcohol abuse is very common for those with depression, and without treatment, they can experience worsening depression, damage to vital organs, and other severe effects.
At BRC Healthcare in Austin, TX, we welcome busy professionals, stay-at-home parents, veterans, college students, and all others who are struggling with depression or other mental health disorders. Our innovative treatment center is a one-stop-shop for treating depression and substance use disorder, with programs that support recovery through every stage. Clients will participate in group and private therapy sessions to develop new coping skills and a healthier state of mind. To learn more about our mental health treatment programs, fill out our online form or call 888.559.2036 today to see how we can benefit your loved ones’ recovery.
How Can a Depression Treatment Program Benefit Your Mental Health?
Depression is a serious mental health disorder that affects a large portion of the population, with nearly one in ten adults struggling with some form of depression. In most situations, the depressive feelings go away after a few weeks. Unfortunately, some people can experience depression for several weeks, months, or even years. If they don’t talk about their feelings, they are more likely to turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with their feelings.
A depression treatment program can help improve the mental health of those who are struggling with major and persistent depressive disorders, psychotic depression, postnatal depression, and other types of depression. Therapists work closely with each person to identify the disorder that is causing problems and begin teaching them new ways to cope with their feelings. For severe cases of depression, individuals will receive medication to ease depressive symptoms and any withdrawals caused by substance abuse.
At BRC Healthcare, our depression and addiction treatment programs are very effective in helping people cope with their depression and stop drug and alcohol abuse. The skills they learn in therapy give them the confidence they need to stop negative self-talk and prevent future triggers from causing a relapse.
Enrolling in a Depression Treatment Program in Austin, TX
A depression treatment program gives individuals a real chance to manage their symptoms and promotes a healthier state of mind. It uses a number of beneficial therapies and other programs that are demonstrated to be effective against these treatable illnesses. When enrolling in a co-occurring treatment program for mental health and substance use disorders, here are some of the types of therapies you can expect:
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the leading forms of therapy for treating depression, substance use disorder, and other mental health issues. It focuses on helping clients recognize the connection between their emotions and negative thoughts and how it controls their behaviors. Other types of behavioral therapy that ease depressive symptoms include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medication is very important during the recovery process. It can ease depressive and addiction withdrawal symptoms and greatly reduce the risk of relapse and further harm caused by withdrawals. Medical staff will administer the medications and monitor each client for any adverse reactions. As their symptoms change, they will begin tapering off the medication until no longer necessary.
- Family therapy – Another important part of the recovery process is repairing family and personal relationships. Family therapy gives parents, spouses, and children a chance to talk with a therapist and work through any lingering issues or misconceptions about the disorders. They will also learn how they can be supportive of the recovery process.
Dual diagnosis treatment is essential for those whose depression symptoms are fueling an addiction to alcohol, cannabis, or other substances. If left untreated, their symptoms will only worsen and can lead to permanent physical and psychological harm.
Join BRC Healthcare for our Comprehensive Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders
At BRC Healthcare, we specialize in co-occurring disorders of addiction and depression, bipolar disorder, or other types of disorders. Our inclusive treatment facility offers separate men’s and women’s treatment programs in a safe and private residence with comfortable rooms and community areas. Our separate men’s and women’s programs are inclusive and tailored to the individual and the unique symptoms and causes behind their illness.