Fentanyl addiction has become a growing problem across the United States. This highly potent opioid can easily lead to dependence and addiction if misused, and often, those who use it don’t even realize the dangers of the drug until it’s too late.
At BRC Healthcare, we understand just how serious fentanyl addiction can be, and we have developed a comprehensive fentanyl addiction treatment program for those who are struggling with this addiction. Through personalized, evidence-based care that includes trauma treatment and family involvement, we’re committed to helping our clients reach a place of recovery.
Understanding Fentanyl Addiction
Fentanyl is a powerful pain medication that’s meant to be used for medical purposes. However, it can be obtained illegally, and the street version of fentanyl is often mixed with other substances, such as heroin. This can increase the risk of an overdose, as people don’t know the strength or contents of what they’re taking. Fentanyl can be taken in many different forms, such as a patch, pill, or intravenously.
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid painkiller that’s 50-100 times stronger than morphine. It’s often prescribed to help manage severe pain in patients with cancer and other terminal illnesses. However, it’s also widely abused for its euphoric effects. Fentanyl can be obtained illegally through the black market, and because of its potency, even a small dose can be deadly.
How Does Fentanyl Addiction Develop?
Fentanyl addiction can develop when the drug is taken in higher doses or more frequently than prescribed. Over time, the body may become dependent on fentanyl to feel normal, and withdrawal symptoms can occur if use is stopped abruptly. Common signs of fentanyl addiction include:
- Increased tolerance – Do you or someone you know need more of the drug to get the same desired effects?
- Cravings – Are you constantly thinking about using fentanyl or feeling a strong urge to take it?
- Withdrawal symptoms – Are you feeling any physical or mental effects when not using fentanyl?
Overdoses can occur when fentanyl is taken in large doses, and those with a fentanyl addiction may be at an increased risk for overdose. Breaking free from this addiction with the help of a professional addiction treatment center can be the key to a successful recovery.
Our Fentanyl Addiction Treatment Program
At BRC Healthcare, we understand that fentanyl addiction is a complex condition that requires a multifaceted approach to treatment. We take into account co-occurring mental health concerns, the impact that trauma has had on the individual, and how family involvement can help support successful rehabilitation.
Our fentanyl addiction treatment program includes:
- Individual therapy sessions – Talking one-on-one with a licensed therapist can help clients process their feelings and work on the underlying issues that may have led to drug abuse.
- Group therapy sessions – Sharing stories and experiences with others can help those in recovery build supportive relationships and learn new coping strategies.
- Family involvement – We recognize the importance of family involvement in any recovery process. This can mean educational sessions, therapy sessions, and other activities that focus on reestablishing trust and connection.
By utilizing evidence-based practices with a compassionate approach, we’re able to help our clients establish goals, take steps toward meaningful recovery, and develop the skills necessary for a successful life in sobriety.
BRC Healthcare Is Here to Help—Call Us Today
If you or someone you know is struggling with fentanyl addiction, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our skilled and compassionate staff is available around the clock to answer any questions you may have and provide you with the support you need to overcome your addiction. With our fentanyl addiction treatment program, you can regain control of your life and achieve lasting recovery. Reach out to our team at 888.559.2036 or contact us online to get started.