Heroin is a fast-acting narcotic that produces an intense high along with serious medical conditions that can become permanent with long-term abuse. Heroin addiction treatment gives people a safe space to work on their recovery, with experienced therapists and medical staff supporting their recovery goals. Those who complete addiction treatment gain the skills and confidence they need to maintain their sobriety no matter what life throws at them.
At BRC Healthcare, we welcome all Texans who are struggling with an addiction to heroin, cocaine, meth, or other dangerous substances. We use the latest treatment techniques for treating addiction and the underlying causes fueling it. Clients learn healthy new coping skills, form close relationships with their peers, rebuild family relationships, and build their confidence in staying sober. To discover all of the benefits of our substance abuse treatment center in the Austin, TX area, fill out our online form or call 888.559.2036 today to speak with our dedicated team.
When Is It Time for a Heroin Rehab Program?
Heroin is a synthetic opioid derived from morphine that is highly addictive, even after just one dose. Individuals who abuse heroin regularly will get to a point where the addiction consumes every part of their being. The intense withdrawals and cravings force individuals to continue using despite any desire to quit or concerns for their health. If left untreated, heroin addiction will cause significant physical and psychological harm, financial troubles, divorce or broken relationships, and other serious complications.
If you know someone who is abusing heroin, the best time for them to enroll in a heroin rehab program is before the addiction begins causing problems at work, school, or home. A rehab program uses medication to ease withdrawal symptoms and behavioral therapy to address the reasons behind the abuse. Clients will learn valuable skills for managing their symptoms and triggers while gaining new confidence in beating their addiction.
At BRC Healthcare, our heroin addiction treatment near Austin, TX, provides comprehensive treatment programs for those who are ready to make a positive change. Each program is custom to the person’s unique symptoms and causes of addiction and promotes a healthy lifestyle and long-lasting sobriety.
What You Will Learn During Heroin Addiction Treatment
Enrolling in an addiction treatment program for heroin abuse is the smart choice to make to recover safely in a comfortable and encouraging environment. During the recovery process, clients will learn important information about how addiction works and what is required of them to stop the abuse once and for all.
During a heroin addiction treatment program, clients will learn about:
- The dangers of addiction – Addiction is a serious mental health disorder that can cause significant physical and psychological harm if not treated properly. Clients will learn all about the dangers of drug and alcohol use and how it causes physical changes in the chemical makeup. If left untreated, addiction can cause:
- Brain damage
- Collapsed veins
- Cardiovascular disease
- Liver or kidney failure
- Cancers of the throat, esophagus, and colon
- Other serious medical complications
- New coping skills that promote lifelong sobriety – After therapists get to know your unique history and the cause behind the addiction, they use several behavioral techniques to stop the abuse. They teach clients how to recognize the situations, people, or emotions that trigger their symptoms and how to process the feelings it creates without the need for more drugs or alcohol.
- The psychological impact of addiction – Addiction is both a cause and a symptom of depression, anxiety, and other mental health disorders. With prolonged abuse, heroin addiction can cause changes in the brain’s chemical structure and lead to brain shrinkage, cognitive decline, psychosis, hallucination, and other psychological issues.
Enrolling in heroin addiction treatment can be life-saving for those with severe addiction who cannot stop the abuse without professional support. It greatly reduces the risk of relapse during withdrawals and long after completing a recovery program.
Substance Abuse Treatment near Austin, TX, at BRC Healthcare
At BRC Healthcare, our heroin addiction treatment near Austin, TX, provides compassionate recovery services for people struggling with addiction to heroin, opioid pain medications, or other substances. We offer a wide range of treatment options that include:
- Gender-specific rehab programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Trauma treatment
- Family programs
- Food and nutrition education
- Spiritual coaching