Finding an addiction treatment program that addresses your unique needs is vital for lasting recovery. When treatment is specialized based on your physical, mental, and spiritual needs, positive results follow. The same goes for gender. Rehabilitation for women considers the female experience.
At BRC Healthcare, our gender-specific treatment programs occur in two different facilities on two different properties. We provide women’s rehab centers in the Austin, TX area that are dedicated solely to women’s addiction treatment. Our highly trained and experienced staff understands the unique issues associated with female substance misuse. Contact BRC Healthcare at 888.559.2036 today to learn more about our women’s addiction treatment center and the many addiction treatment programs we offer.
Why a Women’s Rehab Center Matters
Although women and men may start to drink alcohol or use drugs for similar reasons, they are dealing with starkly different circumstances and experience addiction recovery in various ways.
Women are motivated to use substances for several reasons, such as:
- Domestic violence and physical, sexual, and verbal abuse
- Divorce, the loss of child custody, or the death of a partner or child
- Mental health disorders, including panic attacks, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Stress, loneliness, low self-esteem, and fatigue
- Body image issues
- Chronic pain, such as migraines, fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis.
Women are more likely to use substances in smaller amounts for less time before they become addicted. Women may also experience more cravings and are more likely to relapse after treatment.
Common Causes of Addiction in WomenWhen it comes to substance abuse, women face certain special issues influenced by:
- Sex – Differences based on biology
- Gender – Differences based on society’s definition of roles for men and women
- Menstrual cycle
- Weight control
- Fighting fatigue
- Coping with pain
- Self-medicating mental health problems
The BRC Healthcare Continuum of Care
BRC Healthcare’s primary treatment women’s program can accommodate up to 20 women 18 and older. When a woman participates in an extended care treatment program, and that treatment caters to the unique needs of a woman, she has a much stronger chance of achieving and maintaining permanent recovery.
It’s difficult for any person struggling with substance use disorder to quit, but for women, it can be particularly challenging. Women may be afraid to seek addiction treatment due to potential legal or social fears or a lack of child care while in treatment. Additionally, they often require support in handling responsibilities related to work, the home, and child care.
Women’s addiction treatment offers several benefits, including:
- Supportive, community-based treatment – Women benefit from the community and support that stems from a strong peer network
- More group sessions – Many women find comfort and stability in a group setting.
- Alternative therapies – Non-traditional alternative therapies provide an outlet for expression outside of the traditional treatment setting. Proven psychological treatment can make all the difference in one’s journey to lasting recovery.
Pregnancy Programming for Women in Rehab
Specific treatment programs can help pregnant women stop drug use safely and provide prenatal care. Some types of treatment have shown positive results, especially if they offer child care, parenting classes, and job training.
Medications such as buprenorphine and methadone can improve outcomes when combined with other treatments. However, some babies will need treatment for withdrawal symptoms. But the outcome is still better for the baby than if the mother continued to use opioids.
Women Help Women at BRC Healthcare
Our women’s rehab centers in the Austin, TX area offer a supportive atmosphere and comprehensive services to address the special challenges of female substance use disorder. Our program includes individualized treatment plans that are tailored to each woman’s unique needs, strengths, and background. Contact BRC Healthcare today at 888.559.2036 to learn more about our women’s addiction treatment center. We are here to help you begin your journey of recovery.