Spiritual coaching for addiction recovery is an effective way to treat addiction. This type of therapy focuses on helping individuals find a deeper connection with their spirituality, which can lead to long-term recovery from addiction.
At BRC Healthcare’s spiritual addiction treatment center, we offer a variety of programs that focus specifically on the spiritual aspects of addiction recovery. Holistic wellness is the root of BRC Healthcare’s treatment philosophy. We want our clients to become happy, healthy, and fulfilled in all areas of their lives. This is why our treatment plans focus so heavily on strengthening the mind, body, and spiritual connection. Contact BRC Healthcare at 888.559.2036 today to learn more about our addiction therapy programs and mission.
What Is Spiritual Coaching for Addiction Recovery?
Spiritual coaching for addiction recovery is a therapy that helps individuals find a deeper connection with their spirituality. This type of therapy can be beneficial for those struggling with addiction, as it can lead to long-term recovery.
We are a spiritually based treatment center, but spirituality is not synonymous with religion. While we do not advise our clients regarding religious matters, we always respect their religious beliefs. We are proponents of the 12-step program, so we believe it is possible to become and stay sober with the help of a higher power, whatever that higher power may be. A higher power can be anything an individual believes in and connects with, such as nature, the universe, or a higher being.
The Four Agreements
As part of our primary program curriculum, our clients read “The Four Agreements,” written by Don Miguel Ruiz The book, based on ancient Toltec wisdom, embodies some of the most important behavioral and spiritual principles necessary for lasting recovery, healthy relationships improved quality of life. When clients make these four agreements with themselves, they can let go of the things that do not serve them and experience freedom from addiction:
- Be impeccable with your word – Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid speaking derogatorily against yourself and gossiping about others. Use the power of words only in the direction of truth and love.
- Don’t take anything personally – Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t suffer needlessly.
- Don’t make assumptions – Find courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
- Always do your best – Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
The Benefits of Spiritual Coaching
Attending a spiritual addiction treatment center can help individuals make positive changes in their life, regardless of their religious beliefs. This type of therapy can provide an individual with the guidance and clarity needed to successfully break free from addiction and develop healthier habits for a brighter future.
The benefits of spiritual coaching include the following:
- Increased self-awareness
- Improved mental clarity and focus
- Increased motivation and inspiration
- A heightened sense of purpose in life
- A greater understanding of the spiritual realm
- Improved overall well-being
- Enhanced relationships with others
- A stronger connection to one’s spirituality
At BRC Healthcare, we believe that everyone can benefit from spiritual coaching for addiction recovery.
Heal Your Soul at BRC Healthcare
To fully heal for life, the whole person needs to be treated and cared for. That includes the spirit and soul. Contact BRC Healthcare today at 888.559.2036 to learn more about our spiritual coaching programs and start your journey toward lasting recovery. We are here to help you on your road to spiritual, emotional, and physical health. Together, we can make a difference.